Health Care - Other ServicesIntellectual & Development Disabilities
StarCare Specialty Health System provides services for adults, children and adolescents who have a diagnosis of mental illness, intellectual disabilities and/or substance use disorder.
As the state designated Local Authority for mental health, intellectual disabilities and substance use disorders for Lubbock, Lynn, Cochran, Crosby and Hockley counties, and as a state Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, StarCare:
• ensures the health and safety of people who need services;
• ensures people who qualify for services can exercise consumer choice by helping them decide on their services, service provider and location of services;
• ensures the best use of public money to create a robust network of service providers who meet the needs of the targeted population;
• coordinates and links people to appropriate services; and
• advocates for service funding sources